Top 25 Cigar of 2014
- Davidoff Art Edition 2014 - Dominican Republic - Cigars Davidoff
- Illusione Fume D'Amour Clementes - Nicaragua - Tabacos Valle de Jalapa S.A.
- Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan - Cuba - La Corona Factory
- Casa Fernandez Aniversario Bohème No. 35 - United States - Casa Fernandez Miami
- Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. (RoMa Craft Tobac) - Nicaragua - Nica Sueño
- Atabey Ritos - Costa Rica - Selected Tobacco Company
- Quesada 40th Anniversary Corona Clasica - Dominican Republic - Quesada Cigars
- Long Live The King Petit Double Wide Short Churchill - Dominican Republic - Tabacalera William Ventura
- Señorial Belicoso No. 2 - Dominican Republic - Tabacalera Palma
- Flor de Selva No. 15 Maduro - Honduras - El Paraíso
- Montecristo Petit No. 2 - Cuba - H. Upmann Factory
- Illusione Singularé 2014 Annunaki - Nicaragua - Tabaco Valle de Jalapa S.A.
- H. Upmann Half Corona - Cuba - H. Upmann Factory
- Joel Sherman 75th Celebration - Dominican Republic - Quesada Cigars
- Casa Fernandez Aniversario Serie 2014 The Ares - USA - Casa Fernandez Miami
- Eastern Standard The Silk Road - Dominican Republic - Tabacalera William Ventura
- Joya Red Toro - Nicaragua - Joya de Nicaraguan S.A.
- Debonaire Sagita Petite - Dominican Republic - Debonaire House at CCE Santiago
- Tatuaje Jekyll - Nicaragua - My Father Cigars S.A.
- D'Crossier Golden Blend Aged 10 Years Robusto - Costa Rica - Pure Aroma Cigars S.A.
- San Cristóbal de la Habana El Príncipe - Cuba - La Corona Factory
- Ninfamaniac Dark (Crux Cigars) - Nicaragua - Plasencia Cigars S.A.
- Viaje Exclusivo Leaded - Honduras - Fabrica de Tabacos Raíces Cubanas S. de R.L.
- Sindicato Maduro Magnum - Nicaragua - Tabacos Valle de Jalapa S.A.
- Nat Sherman Epoca Prince - Dominican Republic - Quesada Cigars
How The Top 25 Works: (updated December 28th, 2014)
Note: If you wonder how a cigar makes it into my Top 25 List of that year, it is very simple. On December 1st of each year, I begin compiling a list of cigars that I have smoked. These cigars are scored and are added to a list of cigars. That list continues to grow until November of the following year, the year in which my Top 25 will come out. Any cigar in that list, whether I have reviewed it in previous years or it is a brand new review has the potential of making it into Seth's Humidor Top 25 Cigars. I look at the cigars I smoked in those 11 months and not just new releases or reviews of that year. If it was great two years, and it is great right now, then it qualifies. From there I begin to cut down the list by re-smoking some cigars, comparing them with cigars that have similar rankings to see who makes the cut, and also removing some cigars entirely because the previous scores I had were so low. With that system, I eventually work it down to 25 cigars and from there it is easy to determine the placement of the cigars.